Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Why can't other people help me simplify my life???

I am so friggin frustrated now! As I am expending all of my energy trying to make my life simpler, things just have to keep getting thrown in there to wrench my plans.

I'm not a fan of doctors to begin with. Sure, we need them for many things, but I am not one to drop everything and run to the doctor everytime someone comes down with something. But my oldest son has been plagued by stomachaches lately, and I think there might be something to it. I'm guessing it may be something simple like lactose intolerance or a food allergy, but who knows.

So I call the doctor's office and they tell me they aren't taking new patients. So, I explain to them that we have been patients of thiers for 3 years. The woman proceeds to explain to me that we are considered new patients because we were forced to switch insurance companies (due to a job loss), therefore, all new paperwork must be done, therefore, we are new patients. WHAT???

So after throwing a few choice four letter words at the woman, I hang up and call the insurance agency, who doens't seem so concerned about it. The find me a doctor 30 miles away (the closest one taking new patients) who doesn't speak english well! Woo friggin Hoo. So, I have spent the last hour trying to call the dr's office, and no one is answering. They don't even have a machine or answering service. So this is a great sign.

So to further complicate my life...if I can ever actually get ahold of this office, I will have to meet a new doctor, re-do all the paperwork and have our medical histories moved over there.

I have decided this afternoon that I am going to spend the day online researching stomach aches in children and see if I can't just take care of this all at home! I'm going to start by switching Jake to soy milk for a week and see if that does the trick. If it doesn't work, then I will start eliminating other things and at least then I can rule out food problems, when I can finally get a doctors appointment...which at this point may be sometime in 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.