Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Guide to the Simple Life

I am creating this blog to chronicle my life as a stay-at-home Mom. I plan to share the fun adventures of a stay-at-home mom on a shoestring budget as I try to organize and simplify our familys life!

I am hoping to share my crazy trials of ideas on saving money, budget cooking, weight loss, raising two boys, keeping a house and husband happy, walking the dog, feeding the cat, yardwork and doing it all without losing my identity or my mind!

I've learned that in being a mom and a wife, it is relatively easy to lose oneself and become a person modeled after convenience or your own mother or influences. I've learned that the only way to be truely happy and give my best to my family is to not lose who I am and who I want to be. Through this blog, I will share the things that I go through in trying to recapture who I am after years of trying to be the model wife and mother. I've learned to say the heck with it, they will only be truely happy if I am happy in my heart and not just on the outside! So feel free to join me in the pursuit of my own happiness through following my heart and doing the things that I believe in, while still raising a family, trying to do right by the environment, shedding the expectations of retailers and advertisers all while trying to keep my sanity.

I think it should be fun! I plan on sharing my frugal weekly recipes along with my shopping lists that go with them, and total spent for the week. I will use this blog to keep myself within budget, because I will have to post any and all spending that I have. I am hoping that will keep me from spending if I have to be accountable for it. I will also chronicle the daily ways that I save money around the house through creative means and recycling old items! One of my loves is "trash to treasure", so I will share some of those projects with you as well!

I realize that most "bloggers" frown upon the posting of more than one post a day, but screw it...I may post more than once a day as my day gets more interesting!

No comments: