Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rightsizing the Kids Stuff!

I have decided that it is finally time to tackle this project! So far, in simplifying our lives Pat and I have tackled our "stuff", but other than clothes I haven't dealt with the kids stuff!

We accumulate so much stuff for them and it is time to clear it all out before our October Garage Sale! As it stands right now here is what they have that I need to tackle:

Outdoor toys: 2 trikes, 2 2-wheel bikes (we'll keep these and get rid of the trikes), 2 scooters, a little toddler ride on, a power wheels truck, multiple balls of every variety, tons of sandbox toys, and other stuff that is out in the outside bin and is broken and needs to be totally junked!

Indoor toys: Their indoor stuff is out of control! We have so many toys with tons of little pieces! Most of their toys get stuffed under their bed and they never play with them. So I am getting rid of all the "sets" that are missing pieces. I am going to let the boys choose if they want to keep their legos or their wooden block set. They really only play with the wooden ones, so I think the legos are gonna go. Stuffed animals! They have never touched these things. Most of them they got when they were infants, and I put them up on a shelf and they have been sitting there ever since. They are probably so covered with dust mites at this point that they are more of a biohazard than a fun toy! So, I will probably let the boys each keep one or two that they will claim they "love", then get rid of the rest!

I also need to find a better way to organize the DVD's, CD's and video games (both kids and adults). I think I am going to get rid of all the boxes and get the CD books. One for CD's, one for DVD's and one for Playstation games. I can label each one, then maybe put them in alphabetically for organization purposes (It'll be a pain to do, but they'll be easy to find once it is done!) This will save us so much space! We have so many of these boxes hanging around, it'll free up alot of room in my entertainment center and won't look as messy!

I also need to get rid of kid's shoes! They have a whole closet full of shoes that don't fit. I mostly pass them onto friends when the boys grow out of them, but if I can't find the mate, I keep them thinking I will find it later, then give them away. So, most of these are sad, single shoes that I need to pitch NOW!

So, that is one of my two major tasks for the day!

No comments: