Monday, September 24, 2007

Plugging Away...

Wow, I have been so busy in the past week that I didn't even realize that I hadn't posted anything! So it is now Monday, and I am spending the day de-cluttering AGAIN! The garage is getting fuller every day, which is great! I am getting rid of so much stuff that we NEVER use!

I spent today cleaning out my bedroom and the closet in there. Most of the stuff that was stuffed on the floor and up on the shelves, we haven't even used for years! I decided to dive right into the closet, so I took the doors completely off to clean it out! I didn't realize how many old gym bags, purses, etc. were up there! I am finally to the point where I am getting organized enough that I am using all of my storage space, much more wisely! There were a couple of things in the closet that I wanted to get out of the closet, but I didn't want to pitch. Hubby has tons of old baseball cards, and I want him to keep those for the boys. So I put them in a trunk that sits next to our bed, that pretty much sits empty all the time!

Once I got the doors off the closet and cleaned it out, I decided that I am going to turn part of the closet into an office. Our house is so small, that we have always had trouble finding a spot for our computer! Our closet should be large enough to hold a large desk and still have over 1/3 of it left for storing clothes that need to be hung! I'm excited about this. I think I am going to custom build a desk, becuase our current computer desk is literally falling down. So, I am going to go get some 2x4's and plywood and build away tomorrow.

I'm excited about this project, because it will free up so much space & clutter in our living room. I hate having our computer and paperwork out for all to see. So this will be great! I'm going to keep the doors off the closet because both Hubby and I hate the doors on the closet! They are so oversized, it makes it hard to see what is in the closet. So I think I am going to hit the $/yard fabric on sale at Wal-mart and see what I can find and just make a no-sew curtain with a tension rod and some ribbons! It should look cute...just need to keep it from looking too girly for Hubby!

So that is what I am starting this week. Tomorrow I will spend making my new computer desk. I have been looking around the house, for odd items that I can use, so I don't have to go out and buy anything...but I've de-cluttered so much, I just don't have anything in the house that would work! So I will make & paint that, work on the curtain and then maybe start to finish tackling the boys room. We started last week and Josh was really good about putting toys in the garage sale box. I am also being diligent about pitching toys that are broken or missing parts...that is a huge part of our clutter.

So, with the garage sale about a month away, I am still plugging away at getting things ready to go for it! We should have plenty to sell, by the time that I am done! And once the garage sale is over, we'll have a clean garage, so we can start designing the rec-room that Hubby is going to put out in the garage! We've already gotten carpet from neighbors who tore it out of their basement. It is in great shape, so it will work really well in the garage room!

No comments: