Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Vintage Photo Necklaces




Here are my two most recent necklaces. I am pretty please at how they turned out. I used the easy cast resin, and found some vintage 50's photos and used them. The first is of a glamorous woman in a strapless black gown (in the photo she was standing in front of a Jackson Pollack), and the other is a little girl (who was waiting in line for a polio vaccine...not that you can tell on the necklace). They turned out very cute, and the one with the little girl, has a charm underneath that says dream, which I thought was appropriate. I have one more vintage pendant, I'm just not sure how I will mount it to a necklace. I have some other things I want to try, but can't find my bead books that I had yesterday. I want to keep making them, to perfect the craft, which is getting better each time I cast a pendant...just don't want to make more than I can use/give away! No more clutter in the house!

So these are what I have been working on over the last couple of days. I still have my other "christmas pendants" that I need to put on a necklace, I just have to get some blue beads or cording. But I'll be sure to post those when they are completed!

No comments: