Monday, November 26, 2007

My lastest crafty projects...



I had a lot of fun making these plastic resin pendants this weekend. The only down fall on these is that they were time consuming. It took a full 24 hours for each layer of resin to dry, plus the ones that were handpainted in between layers, needed extra time for the paint to dry. But I had alot of fun making them and they turned out kind of fun!

In the photo you can see the finished ones with blue backgrounds. I did some with yellow backgrounds as well, but the resin I tinted yellow is taking longer to dry, so I was not able to get them out of the mold yet. Some of them I will put onto ribbon and give away as necklaces, the two that are "Christmas lights" will be made into a fun pair of earings. I had alot of fun with these, but now that I know how they turn out, and I've learned a few tricks, I plan to make some more "snazzier" ones!

When I was making them, I put items that I was inserting into them, into the colored background, and I've learned that I should have put them into the clear front part to give it more of a 3-D effect. I did this on the top right one and it worked out much better than some of the others. I also want to try to do some that are all clear, but have a fabric back, with a clear layer of resin over the fabric. I think those will turn out really neat and I might start those today, if I can find some neat things to insert into them.

I am also in the middle of trash to treasuring a step ladder to use as an end table in my living room. I have painted it to match my living room and plan on putting some "cushions" on the steps just to jazz it up a little. I should have it done in a few days, and I was sure to take before pictures for comparision!

I also accidentally stumbled upon another project. While I was decopaging fabric onto the jewlery box I was making, I decided after the top was dry, that I didn't like it. So I pryed the fabric off of it, to start over, and the stiffened fabric actually made an eye catching, sun catcher! So that is another project I am going to work on today. I am going to pick up some red and green fabric, and make some stiffened fabric wreaths to put into my windows. I'm really excited about them, becuase I have 4 big windows in the front of my house and I have never been able to find x-mas decor for the windows, and I think I have finally found my solution. So as I finish these projects, I will certainly be posting pictures of how cute they turned out...or how horrible they turn out. We'll have to wait and see!

Well, I am off to the fabric store to pick up some essentials, then start some new projects! Hubby is back to work after taking a week of, and my son is back in school. So I can finally get back to a normal schedule and start crafting peacefully again! : )

No comments: