Friday, December 28, 2007

Trying to save to no avail....

Ugh! We have been doing so well trying to save money. Now, I went and totally blew it! Somewhere along the way, I screwed up my checking account and overdrew. It cost me $50 in fees. So I went back, tried to figure out the problem, couldn't really find anything wrong. So we made our deposit last week and everything seemed to be jiving with our banks online system. So, I go back on today just to make sure I am still balancing and BOOM! I'm overdrawn again. So, now I will have at least another $25 fee, plus if Hubby uses his ATM card today, we'll get hit for that too! It is so frustrating, becuase I have been over and over the checking account ledger and can't find anything I added or subtracted incorrectly, and can't find anything missing. I balanced as of my Dec. 14th statement, and can't find any problems after that. I even went back and rebalanced my Dec statement, just in case and it is fine!

I am ready to tear my hair out with this whole thing! I guess I will have to bite the bullet and go to the bank today and see if they will give me a printout of my account. More than likely, they will charge me out the wazoo, just for printing out a piece of paper. But at this point, I don't think I have any other options. It might be time for Hubby to get rid of his Debit card again. His spending is somewhat out of control with it. He is getting his allowance, then on top of that, he is spending an addition $200/month with his card. Granted, some of that is family stuff...eating out, shopping, etc. But most of it is his use while he is at work. We are gonna have to sit down and rebudget tonight and work something out.

But first, I need to get this damn checking account under control! I've never made a mistake like this in the 15 years I have used a checking account, so it is driving me absolutely bonkers!

No comments: