Saturday, December 8, 2007

Frugality at it's finest...

Ok, so this month I am really planning on kicking ass on lowering our expenses. Not much of a choice, really. We just need to get back to basics and get some things caught up, so I can start putting money away into an emergency fund. So in December, I plan to catch up on all the bills. Then in January, I will be putting away everything I have towards and emergency fund. Once I can get the EF up to about $1000...then I will start taking our extra's and putting it toward paying off the truck. Then that money can go into the EF as well.

So my pledge to myself this month, is to keep the thermostat between 66-68 degrees, going down to 60 degrees at night. I am fighting with everyone about keeping lights off when we are not in a room. That seems to be really tough. It seems like I am the only one doing this, but I'm working on it. Until I can get them "trained" to turn off the lights, I will just have to keep making the rounds and switching off lights.

I am trying to cut our grocery bill by ALOT this month. Because we need to get caught up on so much stuff, I have very little money for groceries. So I have a budget of $200 for groceries for the entire month. That includes all three meals a day for the four of us, any cat/dog food and all beauty accessories, TP, soap, etc. So it is gonna be tight, but I think I can do it. I will be keeping a running talley in the comments section of this entry!

Wish me luck. I really think we can do it, we just need to crack down. It is just going to be hard with Christmas coming up, but luckily...most of the shopping is done!

3 comments:

Simple Mommy said...

December Grocery Tally:

$200/monthly budget
-$24/ 12/8/07 - 12/15/07

Simple Mommy said...

$200/Monthly Grocery Budget
-$24 (12/8-12/15)
-$3.50 (BOGO Hot dogs)
-$7.50 (5.5 Pounds Ground beef on sale)
-----------------

$165.00 left to spend for December!!!

Simple Mommy said...

I should also note, that in 2 weeks time, we scrounged and came up with the $2600 we needed to pay the mortgage! It got me motivated. If we can stay "frugal" over the next few months, we should be able to have the truck paid off within about 2 months time and still stay current on everything else!