Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas at Simply Mommy's



I have been so busy getting ready for Christmas that I haven't blogged in almost a month and didn't even realize it!

We had a very nice Christmas this year. I did my best to make sure that we weren't going to be running around to a million different places. We were supposed to have a quiet Christmas dinner with friends, but Hubby (of course) went and made other plans for us. So I had to cancel dinner with friends last week, but it worked out becuase they came over early and we had a nice Christmas breakfast all together!

My oldest son has been stricken with the flu. So he was sick throughout Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but he was a trooper! I was going to stay home with him, but he insisted on going, which was a good thing, becuase it shortened our trip to the in-laws! ; ) At one point he was so tired, he was laying on the couch opening presents under a blanket...I felt so bad for him. He had a temp of almost 103, most of the weekend, but he did great. And knock on wood...I think it is starting to break now!

Of course, our family went totally overboard on gifts, so I now have a ton of stuff that I have to get rid of in order to make room for the new. The kid's had a great Christmas, they each got the top thing on their list from Santa, then a few smaller things that they love. So, all in all we had a great Christmas. Santa filled their stockings with homemade Christmas crackers, and homemade coupon books along with lots of Candy...I was surpised how much they loved the coupons which entitle them to things like picking their favorite dinner, picking dessert one night, picking a movie and having movie night, getting a footrub, etc.

Today, I am trying to find places for everything and trying to recoup from the hectic holidays an being up most nights with sick kids. So I think we will start out our New Year with quiet evening at home! Maybe we will spend the night watching the movies we got for Christmas! On the up side...I threw my diet out the window for about a week, but I only gained 2 pounds...and I made sure I unloaded all the cookies we baked on relatives, so no more in the house!

No comments: