Friday, December 7, 2007

Slow and Steady, wins the race...

The weight loss race that is. Since getting my Gazelle about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I've been doing pretty well. The weight is coming off at a healthy rate, not too fast & not to slow. In about 2 1/2 weeks, I have lost 6 pounds (and kept it off...no going up & down) and I've lost 2" off my waist! The pants that I bought the day before Thanksgiving no longer fit! Which is good, but now I need another pair of new jeans. I think I am going to stick to stetchy waisted paints for a while, then when I get down to my goal weight (only 16 pounds to go), then I will go out and buy a new pair of jeans as my reward!

I've been doing my best to spend at least 20 minutes on my Gazelle each day, and trying not to eat too much junk food! I haven't even changed my eating habits that much, and with the added exercise, the weight is still coming off. I will need to work on changing my eating habits in order to stay slim, but I am doing that little by little. Making small changes here and there. If I jump whole hog into eating healthy, then I know I will fall back into my old habits and binge on junk food when I cheat, and I don't want to do that.

I have about 16 pounds to go. Of course, I took some "fat" before pictures and when I hit my goal weight I plan to post the before & after pictures for the world to see. Well, only if I look really good in the after pictures! : )

Other updates:
Our family is doing well. Our budget took a huge hit, so we are on a spending freeze. We are literally not buying any extra's whatsoever. Even as far as groceries go, I'm going to spend the smallest amount of money I can, and only once the food we have in the house runs out. We will be eating strange meals, as I try to make meals out of the combinations of things we have in the house!

My brother & his fiance had a huge loss this week. One of their close friends ( and she was to be a bridesmaid in their upcoming wedding), was killed in the Omaha Mall shooting on Tuesday. I know they are devestated. I can't even imagine dealing with having a friend murdered, let alone the fact that this was such a henious thing to have happen. She was 24, and only a few weeks from her 25th birthday. My heart goes out to her family

The boys are doing well. Nothin too new to report. We are being homebodies lately. We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and it has gotten really cold. Single digits at night and only in the 20's during the day. So we have been doing our best to stay home and stay bundled up. I am trying to keep the heat down to about 66, becuase I know this winter the gas bill is going to totally kill our budget. So, I have been wresting with the boys to keep their clothes on. The minute they get home, the like to take shirts & socks off and just run around in their pants. It has driven me crazy forever and now with the heat down so far, I think I've solved the problem. For the most part, they are staying dressed. ; ) Same goes for bedtime. They have always hated wearing jammies (they prefer to just wear underroos), but they are finally wearing jammies at night to help stay warm.

Saturday night we had a huge ice storm come through, to start off all the snow. I don't remember the last time I have seen so much ice. It had covered everything! It was beautiful, until the ice took out the power to the entire neighborhood! But, we actually had a good time in the dark. Since I am a collector of candles, I had a ton on hand. We lit candles and just hung around and sand Christmas carols. It was actually quiet fun!

Well, I think that is about all that has been going on lately!

No comments: