Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend in Review...



After some nasty weather at the end of last week, we were finally able to spend the weekend outside this week! I was able to snap some cool photos of the menacing clouds that came through on Thursday night. Lots of wind and rain, but not much else. I was able to save some money on watering my garden last week, with all the rain.

All in all, we had a good weekend. The truck has taken a turn for the worse. However, we've decided not to put 'er down...we are gonna patch her up and see if we can get some more miles outta her! The leaf spring is broken and after a lengthy search, the hubster was able to find the part for around $48! So, he'll spend a few days getting it repaired after the part comes in. Friday, I got my new sink installed...so no more leaking from the kitchen faucet. I am hoping to see at least a little bit of difference in our next water bill! My neighbor installed it for me. We've worked out a barter deal for babysitting his daughter! I'm loving this agreement so far!

We did well spending on groceries this week. I think my final tally was about $84 for the week and that included a "luxurious" meal of the hubby's favorite Potato Bacon Soup and Cajun Turkey Panini's.

We spent Saturday afternoon at a neighbor's 5th Birthday party. The kids had a blast and ran themselves ragged! Today, once again, we spent the day working in the yard. We have been saving to put in a new pond, since some neighborhood kids playing with our kids in the yard, threw rocks into ours and poked a hole into it. So, today, we were able to get out and put in a new 100 gallon pond, with some beautiful landscaping with the rocks from the old pond and the free mulch we have leftover from our tree removal. It looks absolutely gorgeous, I plan to get out and snap some pictures tomorrow, so I'll be sure to post them! We also found a great deal on some solar lights, so we were able to add some accent lighting to our pond!

I think that is our weekend in a nutshell. Busy, but not a ton going on! I'll update again tomorrow and post some pictures of our new pond! Next weekend, I think we are going to add a small patio around the pond and move the fire pit to the middle of the patio! It should look really nice and the patio bricks we want are on sale until the end of the month!

No comments: