Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Exhaustion at Simple Mommy's House...




I have spent the last week updating every area of my yard. I thought I would post some pictures of my small veggie garden while it is freshly weeded and lookin' pretty. We have had a busy couple of days. I've spent the last two days doing yard work in the front yard, digging out a new very large flower bed and trying to transplant some of the grass into areas where it is needed. Needless to say...I'm exhuasted after all the manual labor! I'm just not used to this anymore!

My oldest pitched in his first baseball game on Tuesday night, I missed it, but the Hubby was there to cheer him on. He said he did great, I was home...working on my flower bed.

We are still working to be frugal this summer and have been doing a rather good job. We gave up our pool passes this summer, and put the extra $120 into savings instead. I updated my yard with free mulch from the trees we had taken down and just bought all my perennials for $1 each on sale. So all in all, I think I spent around $12 to upgrade the heck out of my yard this year.

Once I get the front yard cleaned and finished up, I'll be sure to post some pictures of the new flowerbed!

No comments: